Homewood Remodeling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hardwood flooring

2 posters

Go down

hardwood flooring Empty hardwood flooring

Post  tucler Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:08 pm

Have you been thinking of installing a hardwood floor? If so, lets talk about your options.

tucler

http://www.donmyoung.com

Back to top Go down

hardwood flooring Empty Re: hardwood flooring

Post  plumbbob Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:39 pm

Been thinking of options for hardwood floor (laminate or hardwood) in my day basement. Its a dry basement but but the floor is rather uneven in spots and puting down a floating floor i beleive would leave some soft spots that would not give a solid feeling to the floor. Full thickness hardwood would need to be on 1x4s and then I would have door clearance issues. Any suggestions would be helpful.

plumbbob

Back to top Go down

Post  tucler Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:40 pm

plumbbob wrote:Been thinking of options for hardwood floor (laminate or hardwood) in my day basement. Its a dry basement but but the floor is rather uneven in spots and puting down a floating floor i beleive would leave some soft spots that would not give a solid feeling to the floor. Full thickness hardwood would need to be on 1x4s and then I would have door clearance issues. Any suggestions would be helpful.
If your floor is uneven the only option you would have without leveling the floor would be the 1x4 sleepers and nail-down hardwood. As far as door issues,can you cut down the doors? If this is an option I can go through the process of nail down harwood on concrete. I don't beleive any type of laminate floating floor is a good choice for a basement floor. The cushion protects the floor from moisture from below but any moisture from shoes, spills or dog dishes will creep into the spaces and warp the fiberboard. Its really only good for bedrooms and living rooms. I would suggest a Hardwood laminate glue down. The dips in the floor would need to be leveled off with a floor leveler ( a long straight edge can find them ) and the laminate is a mere 3/8" for clearance issues and can be sanded a couple of times. I have glue down floor projects that are 16 years old and going strong. Let me know if this helps.

tucler

http://www.donmyoung.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum